Saturday, October 27, 2012

Entry 8: Maxicimam - Dress and Headband Review

Sorry for the lack of updates! Restarting the blog up with another item review from the Japanese brand: Maxicimam!


Warning: Lots of pictures!

I’m not sure if many people are aware of Maxicimam, perhaps it’s in the back of some people’s minds but I feel this brand deserves a little spotlight. This is a Japanese brand that caters to plus sizes. Browsing through their English Shop I see that their average bust size is starts at 86cm and can be stretched to about 100cm; a few jumperskirts I saw could even go as far as 135cm. For their skirts they averaged 66cm and stretched to about 90cm; and some went as far as 100cm. 

This is what I bought: Apron Tea Party Katyusha and True Cat Hat Jumperskirt

Timeline:
Thursday, August 23rd, 2012:  
Sent an email to Maxicimam through their info on Rakuten inquiring about sending a dress to Canada even though the listing stated "Collect on Delivery"  
 Thursday, August 23rd, 2012: 
Received a reply email saying that it was possible to ship to Canada.
Friday, August 24th, 2012: 
Placed the order through their Rakuten shop.
Monday, August 27th, 2012: 
Receive order confirmation
Thursday, September 9th, 2012:
Picked up my package from the post office. (:

Unwrapping Process
Everything came wrapped in its own bag (:
2 Shopping bags, 1 Headband, 5 plastic fans, copies of their catalog and 1 JSK


  Packaging (5/5)
I'm very happy with how my goods were packaged. The jumperskirt came on it's own hanger and was wrapped in it's own clear plastic bag. The headband was also in it's own bag. Everything was nicely packed in a sturdy cardboard box. 
 
Customer Service (5/5)
Maxicimam's english is not the best but they did their best to answer any questions that I had. I really appreciate that. They responded to my emails very quickly and politely. (:
 
They also included a lot of freebies! 2 shopping bags (one from their Maxicimam line and one from Maxicima) a flyer for the Japanese Gothic Lolita Bible, a few little advertisements and stickers and some awesome little plastic fans! They also gave me tons of copies of their catalog so if anyone would like one, feel free to send me a message on tumblr and I'll mail you one. c:
 
The Dress
There's no lining on the dress which is something I was a little surprised about. It came with removable waist ties and features a side zipper with a small clasp at the top.   
 
The Print
The screen print on this dress feels amazing! It's very dark and thick, I don't see any missing parts or flaking. The graphic is extremely detailed. I love it!
 
The Lace
There were many different types of lace used on this dress; all of which were soft and non irritating.
  
The headband also included similar lace.
The Headband
Sorry for the lack of pictures, I promise I'll take more later. >.<" The materials are very soft! Even the band fits comfortably on my head. Sadly, my head is kind of big and looks fairly awkward on me. The band is lined with a lace and the bow is non-removable. 
 
Product Quality (5/5)
Comparing it to my Bodyline dress the material is slightly thinner but softer and more comfortable. Maxicimam's bodice material is more stiffer and thicker than the skirt which I think was done on purpose to keep the skirt portion more poofy and the bodice more structured. I was happy to see that there were no loose threads laying about.  
 
Overall, I am very satisfied with my purchase and shopping experience! I am definitely planning on buying from Maxicimam again.
 
Other Maxicimam Reviews:
EGL: Royal Rose JSK Review
Frills & Spills : Maiden Clothing & Maxicimam Review
The Dark Victorian: Review: Royal Rose JSK

No comments:

Post a Comment