Thursday, January 12, 2012

Entry 3: Item Review - Krad Lanrete

Warning! There's pictures ahead!



So about a month ago I ordered this dress with dollypoddle. I've ordered things with her before and I do recommend her services. As far as taobao shopping services go I've used 3 different ones so far and I think dollypoddle is the best for communication, especially if you go through facebook to order.

I ordered the long version but I believe that I received the short version. I'm going to send an email to dollypoddle.
It's sold out on the taobao shop but Loli-Loli Paradise is doing a group order for the Short JSK. If they get enough orders, the shop can justify making more.


Timeline
December 6th, 2011: Asked for estimate
December 13th, 2011: Officially placed my order
December 13th, 2011: Receive my first invoice
December 31st, 2011: Receive my final invoice
January 12th, 2012: My dress comes arrives in the mail


My package came in a nice waterproof bag and a plastic shopping bag (both not shown). So, including the clear bag shown above, my dress was triple bagged. None of the bags were punctured and the openings were sealed very well with packing tape. 
And here is my dress in all of it's loli glory!
Sorry for no worn pics, I'm not feeling the greatest right now.
As you can see, it doesn't look as long as the one I ordered. Unfortunately,
the shop took down their measurements on their page so I can't tell how long it was supposed to be. 
The Bodice
It looks well constructed and from the inside and out the stitches look nice and neat. The outer shell is a medium weight smooth fabric. I can't really tell if it's polyester or cotton and I don't really want to do a burn test on it to find out. XP
As you can see, it came with 2 ribbons and a spare button, which I thought was really awesome. Both are the shiny smooth polyester ribbon.

The Lining
The inside of the dress is lined with a super smooth polyester type fabric. It looks a lot nicer than the normal polyester you would get in a normal fabric store. The thread count is very high, almost to the point where you can barely see the weave and hardly gives off a shine in natural lighting. The lining is connected to the outer skirt by a small braid of threads. I'm not sure how common this is since I don't own too many dresses this weight (I usually buy heavier dresses made out of velvets or thicker cotton). The dress also comes with a side zipper and 2 detachable waist ties. Both sides of the waist ties are made out of the same material as the outer fabric.

The Print



This is my favourite part of the dress. From what I can tell, this isn't a screen print, it looks more like the fabric was printed this way. It's kind of hard to tell though since the details are so small. That's my guess anyways. I see no imperfections in the print or fabric so I am very happy. This part was the selling point of this garment (to me at least) and I bet that I'm not the only one who is in love with it.

The Lace
  The lace came as pictured and is attached to the outer material, it's smooth and stiff but it doesn't feel scratchy. The tulle/chiffon fabric is very soft and light (attached to the lining). In the above picture my hand is underneath, which you can barely see.

Overall, I'm very happy with the quality. I honestly was not expecting much from a taobao shop but I was pleasantly surprised. I don't own any brand to compare the quality to so no comment on that.

I'd give the garment quality a 10/10
I honestly can't find anything wrong with my dress and it exceeded my expectations as far as everything goes. I'd definitely buy from this shop again.

I give dollypoddle's service a 5/5
She responded to my inquires very quickly and was very professional during our contacts. She was very easy to understand (compared to other shopping services I've used in the past) and very friendly. :)

I hope you enjoyed my review.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel to post.

*Update*
I talked with dollypoddle about the mix up. We've worked it out so my rating still stands. (:

References:

6 comments:

  1. That is just gorgeous! Do you mind if I ask how much it cost, total, after fees and everything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first payment (which included the price of the item, dollypoddle's fee and shipping to her) was $922.58 HKD. I think it was about $125 at the time. I'm not sure how the much the conversion rate has changed since then and Shipping to me was about $17. I hope this helps! (:

      Delete
  2. THank you very much for the review! I was looking at it in black..and I made my first dolly ss yesterday and its good to read that she´s great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could help! I originally wanted the long black one too but it was sold out. I thought that the white one would be the next best thing. (:

      Delete
  3. Thankyou for the review! I was thinking about joining the group order :) The measurements from the short jsk are posted on the link you posted above to loli-paradise so if your jsk is 92/95 long, it's the short one :s Do you think the jsk could stretch out in the waist because of the corset lacing? Or would 76cm be the max :s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just measured and it's the short one. ): Oh poo.

      Anyways, the front corset is decorative so there's no extra room for expansion. I'd imagine it would be possible to have a seamstress add some fabric into the bodice (if that's where you're having problems). I hope that clears things up.

      Delete