Monday, September 30, 2013

Entry 11: Sugary Bones Review

Hey! Long time no see! I'm back with a new review!


Sugary Bones by We're All Mad Here

It was love when I first saw this print <3 
As a lolita that enjoys the more gothic side of the spectrum; I really took a step out of bounds when I decided to buy. I was pretty upset when financial obligations came up and I missed out on the first group order. Thankfully I saved my money and waited for the next run, man it was worth it!

Of course, right after I placed my order we run into problems and end up moving to another place. Finding a new place to live on such short notice is so stressful. It was tough on all of us but in the end we found a new place and we love it. As soon as I signed the rental agreement I emailed Eden to update my address. She was very sweet and updated my info immediately. A few weeks pass and she notifies me that she sent out my package. It got pushed in the back of my mind as I went back to my parents for a while to deal with an emergency. I finally came back home and I had almost forgotten about it. I had check the mail centre but there was no slip left or anything. I emailed Eden once again and asked her where it was. Apparently it had been delivered already and my dress had already been there for a while but no slip or letter was left. Darn the post service ]:<

I finally have my dresses now so I can do a review.

I'm not sure if anyone cares about packaging pics but here they are anyways!
I'm a fan of Eden's packaging, I love the fancy tapes, papers and stickers she used. I didn't want to have to throw it out but it got tangled when I unwrapped it </3





A peek inside the little bag of goodies
A cute little envelope with the brand logo, 2 extra bows and a skull cameo necklace


Inside the envelope there was a handwritten card with some stickers and a couple of business cards


Alrighty, finally we have the stars of the show!
Just chillin on the couch
 Front:                                                                            Back:

The material is super smooth! It's very nice to touch. The dresses are also fully lined with a nice cotton material. Together they feel very comfortable to wear. The print looks amazing, the lines are very crisp and there's no blurriness. The straps and waist ties are made of a different material, it feels thicker and a little more heavy duty than the bodice and skirt parts. I'm thankful for that since I'm always scared of tearing or warping the fabric on my ties. Other reviewers have commented on the colour of WAMH's 'lavender', and I'll agree that it's a tad more pinkish than most sweet Japenese brands would use. It's not a negative point for me, I really like the colour and how it goes with the print. It's just a heads up for those who are super matchy-matchy.

Everything is serged on the inside and there wasn't a single loose thread to be found!

Details:
Bib Close Up

Lace Detail

It has pockets!

Cute little bone buttons to hold the waist ties

Bows on the waist ties


Shirring close up

There's also a pocket! Even though whenever I wear lolita I usually have a bag with me, I really like pockets in dresses because I love having somewhere to put my hands. One thing I heard in another review was that the pockets were awkwardly placed. By the looks of it, that was fixed in this batch. The pockets are in a higher position on the skirt and feel comfortable. 

Something else that was mentioned in a review was that the waist ties were boring (first run). I'm glad the little bows on the waist ties were added in this batch of dresses. It's such a cute little detail. <3

Overall:
Communication: 5/5
Eden's responses were always swift and she was always helpful. 

 Packaging: 6/5
My dresses arrived safely in a very fashionable manner. Extra point from me because I feel like a lot of effort was put into this aspect. She succeeded my expectations and went above and beyond what most sellers put in.

Dresses: 5/5
I honestly can't find any flaws in either of the dresses; construction or otherwise. I feel like my money was well spent and I would gladly buy from this brand again.

As always, if you have any questions or like additional pictures, please don't hesitate to ask!


We're All Mad Here:
[facebook] [website] [tumblr]

Other Reviews of We're All Mad Here:
Youtube Review of Sugary Bones Mint JSK by FrillyRaveGirl 
Sugary Bones Mint JSK Review by jetshepard
Sugary Bones Mint JSK Review by Alyssiumbaby
EGL Sugary Bones Black Skirt Review by lustidyllic

1 comment:

  1. You are an awesome blogger. This is one of the best blog I had visited so far. Hope to read more post from you in the future. Keep it up. God bless.

    Books and manual
    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete